cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laik
Frequent Visitor

Data Table to list multiple values in a column reading a lookup field from SharePoint

Hi everyone, 

I am using Data Table in PowerApps to filter records from a SharePoint List and one of the field in SP is a Lookup field with multiple values. I am able to see these multiple values in Data Table, however, it is in one row separated by a "; ". I want to have these multiple values one below another in the same record. I have used the following function in Text:

Concat(ThisItem.'Signatories',Concatenate(Value, "; ",Char(10)))

Laik_0-1626351192586.png

In short, how can I get the name (Ahmad A...) after "; " onto the next line, as I have more than one name in this column.

Regards.

Laik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Laik 

• As I had mentioned you need to use a Vertical Gallery.
  • Set the Items property of the Gallery to the name of the SharePoint List.
  • Add Labels for each column and set the Text property to ThisItem.ColumnName.
  • For the LookUp column you'll have, Concat(ThisItem.'Signatories',Value & Char(13))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Laik 

Normally you will use Char(13) to go to a new line in controls like labels as seen below,

CNT_0-1626354652138.png

But this will not work in a datatable,

CNT_1-1626354723231.png

To get this type of functionality you have to use a gallery with a label as seen below,

CNT_2-1626354908115.png

Laik
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your prompt reply, how can we get a similar list as in SharePoint? (screenshot below)

Laik_0-1626355328526.png

@Laik 

• As I had mentioned you need to use a Vertical Gallery.
  • Set the Items property of the Gallery to the name of the SharePoint List.
  • Add Labels for each column and set the Text property to ThisItem.ColumnName.
  • For the LookUp column you'll have, Concat(ThisItem.'Signatories',Value & Char(13))
Laik
Frequent Visitor

Dear Champ, 

Thank you for the solution, however, just wondering, is there any better way to get a Column Header as in Data Table to attach with each column?

Kind regards.

Laik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,257)