cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laik
Frequent Visitor

Data Table to list multiple values in a column reading a lookup field from SharePoint

Hi everyone, 

I am using Data Table in PowerApps to filter records from a SharePoint List and one of the field in SP is a Lookup field with multiple values. I am able to see these multiple values in Data Table, however, it is in one row separated by a "; ". I want to have these multiple values one below another in the same record. I have used the following function in Text:

Concat(ThisItem.'Signatories',Concatenate(Value, "; ",Char(10)))

Laik_0-1626351192586.png

In short, how can I get the name (Ahmad A...) after "; " onto the next line, as I have more than one name in this column.

Regards.

Laik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Laik 

• As I had mentioned you need to use a Vertical Gallery.
  • Set the Items property of the Gallery to the name of the SharePoint List.
  • Add Labels for each column and set the Text property to ThisItem.ColumnName.
  • For the LookUp column you'll have, Concat(ThisItem.'Signatories',Value & Char(13))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Laik 

Normally you will use Char(13) to go to a new line in controls like labels as seen below,

CNT_0-1626354652138.png

But this will not work in a datatable,

CNT_1-1626354723231.png

To get this type of functionality you have to use a gallery with a label as seen below,

CNT_2-1626354908115.png

Laik
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your prompt reply, how can we get a similar list as in SharePoint? (screenshot below)

Laik_0-1626355328526.png

@Laik 

• As I had mentioned you need to use a Vertical Gallery.
  • Set the Items property of the Gallery to the name of the SharePoint List.
  • Add Labels for each column and set the Text property to ThisItem.ColumnName.
  • For the LookUp column you'll have, Concat(ThisItem.'Signatories',Value & Char(13))
Laik
Frequent Visitor

Dear Champ, 

Thank you for the solution, however, just wondering, is there any better way to get a Column Header as in Data Table to attach with each column?

Kind regards.

Laik

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,043)