cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Data access by other users

Hi everyone,

I created an app from an excel table in my my Microsoft one Drive and it works properly on my phone. The issue is that my coworkers that i share the app with can't use it. It seems that they can niot have access to the data. Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Data access by other users

You can use a static Excel data source. The downside is that you can't make any modifications to the static Excel data from this method and you would need to manually delete and add the data source anytime you want to make changes to the data in it.

To add the static data source open the Data panel, add a new data source and pick the Add a static data source option. This will open a file picker and let you pick your Excel file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Haladec!

You should read our support article on Sharing Excel data used by your app. I think this will be able to help explain how to share the Excel data you have in OneDrive to your co-workers so they can use the app.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have actually seen that in the documentation before. Is there any way to have the data in the app internal storage so that i dont have to share the datasource with the other users?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

You can use a static Excel data source. The downside is that you can't make any modifications to the static Excel data from this method and you would need to manually delete and add the data source anytime you want to make changes to the data in it.

To add the static data source open the Data panel, add a new data source and pick the Add a static data source option. This will open a file picker and let you pick your Excel file.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,907)