cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hj55data
Regular Visitor

Data card in a new form having an update error and when submit form the data does not save in power apps

I am  making a form that is for entering information about employees. One dropdown will have the role in the company and other to write the name of the employees. I made a sharepoint list with these information. I now want to the name column depend on the role selected in the company so it can be both dropdown and much quicker for the person to fill out the form. The name card was changed to the Allowed Values format. Then in the box for allowed values for the names added the dependencies. The dependencies according to the role selected in the role dropdown will provide the options of names that are specifically title for that role.  This works correctly, I select a role and in the next dropdown only shows the names with that role. But the card shows an error in the update option. In that update setting I erased everything and eliminated that error. Then when I submit the form everything is saved except that name card. I made another column without the dependencies of another column and it work perfectly. I think it has to be that now is conditioned to another field the update characteristics in the name that provides a list according to the result of another dropdown has to be another statement or function. I send here a few photos of the example with all the error description given in powerapps. If you need more information please let me know so i can send it. Thanks for all the help.1.3.PNG1.2.PNG1.1.PNG1.0.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@hj55data 

Your DataCardValue263_1.Selected Item is a record that will have a schema based on the Items property of the control.  Your Items property is based on 'Employee Listing 7.23.2021' - so the question would be, does that list have a Value column?  My guess is that it doesn't and thus you need to change the .Value in your Update formula to match the column that you want to write back to your underlying list based on the Employee Listing source.  It appears in your Image that your Dropdown is using Name as the displayed value, perhaps you want to use that instead in your Update.   DataCardValue263_1.Selected.Name

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@hj55data 

Your DataCardValue263_1.Selected Item is a record that will have a schema based on the Items property of the control.  Your Items property is based on 'Employee Listing 7.23.2021' - so the question would be, does that list have a Value column?  My guess is that it doesn't and thus you need to change the .Value in your Update formula to match the column that you want to write back to your underlying list based on the Employee Listing source.  It appears in your Image that your Dropdown is using Name as the displayed value, perhaps you want to use that instead in your Update.   DataCardValue263_1.Selected.Name

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,201)