cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donatas_Zukas

Data card is not entering data to the Sharepoint list

Hello,

I am building a survey app where each person on the survey would submit answers and they would get updated to the Sharepoint list. The features of the app include dropdown lists which work all the time. However, one item is an open ended question and requires a data card to function so the user would fill in the answer themselves.

The data card works only once during the editing stage of PowerApps editor. When I would try to fill in the same data card outside of PowerApps editor it stops working: I could fill the data in, but submission would not register anything at all and the Sharepoint List will not get updated.

It would be nice to see the Datacard feature to work.

I would love to hear your feedback.

1 REPLY 1
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Outside of PowerApps editor means no PowerApps or Form?

• Data card binded to Forms which tied to Datasource
  • We should use the "Edit form" when we use submit form option to update SP
  • We can use Patch command to update the data in SP if it's outside of the gallery or form.

For Example , we can have textbox and use 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,909)