cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data cleared when the 101th sharepoint list record is selected

Hey guys,

I have that lookup column on a Sharepoint list (list B), with values referring to a parent ID on another list (list A)

When I try to select records on the list B (by selecting a value on the lookup column), if the ID refers to a record in the list A which is bigger than the 100th record, every data on the screen are cleared. The collections are cleared, the gallery, the selected id etc.

Is this a PowerApps bug, a Sharepoint limit or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think maybe this limitation lead to your problem:

For the lookup, the control shows the first 100 items.

Maybe you could try to split data to server galleries.

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/100-Item-Limit-in-Dropdown/td-p/6323

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous
Please share a screenshot of the formula you are using to select the record.

Are you getting any errors or warnings? There is a tool called App Checker in the top right corner of PowerApps Studio. If yes, please send a screenshot of the error message.

Typically, when you cannot retrieve records past the Nth record in SharePoint it is due to a delegation issue. By default this is 500 rows but the limit could be different if it was changed in the advanced settings

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdevaney 

thank you for the quick answer. I have been very careful to not use non delegable formulas :

MyScreen > OnVisible()

Refresh(Permis);
Refresh(PER_risques);
Refresh(PER_risques_connus);
ClearCollect(
    RisquesPermisCache,
    LookUp(
        PER_risques,
        PER_RISQUE_id.Value = Text(per_ref)
    )
);
ClearCollect(
    RisquesConnusCache,
    PER_risques_connus
);
ForAll(
    RisquesPermisCache,
    UpdateIf(
        RisquesConnusCache,
        CountRows(
            Filter(
                RisquesConnusCache,
                PER_RC_evenement = PER_RISQUE_evenement
            )
        ) = 1,
        {PER_RC_check: true}
    )
)

I have no errors or warnings and the app checker seem not to pop errors out (but I just started to use it so...). I think that the problem comes from the first ClearCollect().

@Anonymous
Something else I am unclear on is what Collection you are showing the details of: is it RisquesPermisCache? It might be nice to see screenshot of the app workspace just to visualize it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdevaney 

Sorry if its a little bit confusing. I store true/false values in the "RisqueConnusCache" Collection (this is what is done in the code snippet). Those values come from the RisquePermisCache (listB), which is a simple copy filtered of another data collection (listA). Then I use them to define check box default values.

2019-12-01_21-24-30.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think maybe this limitation lead to your problem:

For the lookup, the control shows the first 100 items.

Maybe you could try to split data to server galleries.

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/100-Item-Limit-in-Dropdown/td-p/6323

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

I don't need to grab and display more than 100 records. I need to grab records in a list that are pointing to the 101th record (or beyond) of another list... But I will take a look a the post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you were right @v-yutliu-msft . I was looking for an unexistent item in my lookup column. That’s a BIG limitation of SP.

I replaced the lookup column with a standard column with a copy of my ID. Not very orthodox but it works...

thank you @mdevaney for your message. I did found the bug with the error monitor.

@Anonymous 

Glad to hear you found the solution.  Best of luck in building your app!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,975)