cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Data connection error for unused data connection

I was clearing out some unused data connections for a dev SQL Database. Once I deleted the connection I started recieving this prompt/error that I cannot resolve.

SQLServerConnectionError.png

What I have done:

1. Cleared browser cache 
  2. Recreated all SQL Database connections
  3. Relsolved any connection errors in my flows and republished
  4. Removed flows from app and reinstantiated them
  5. Resolved any data source errors in my app and republished

I am still recieving the error above and I have no errors from within my app. Is there a way to troubleshoot this further? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Data connection error for unused data connection

Hi @Jake2 ,

Do you mean that you deleted the connection with SQL and then recreated the connection, but met this error?

If so, since you deleted the connection before, recreating connection is not enough.

You also need to reedit all the formulas about this connection.

Please make sure that the new connection's name is the same as the one that you use in the formula.

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Your-app-needs-this-connection/m-p/322735

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data connection error for unused data connection

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

No, I recieved this error after I deleted a old SQL Database connection that was no longer needed. On my next visit to the app I recieved the error above. In a failed attempt to resolve the connection error I recreated the old SQL Database connection.

If there is a issue with a formula ie. referencing a connection that is no longer availible, shouldn't there be a formula error in the application checker?

Currently I have no formula errors.

Thank you,

Jake

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,616)