Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomaw
Helper III
Helper III

Data corruption

Hello,

I have a problem of corruption of my connected source file and I can't debug 😫

It's a connection with Excel Onedrive and I don't know how, but every now and then Power apps mixes up my table data

Basically my file looks like this :  

Sans titre.png

And after corruption, some information is mixed :

Sans titre2.png

So in the principle of operation of my app, the user uses the "tick" icon which puts the information of the item in variables

FireShot Capture 048 - Power Apps - make.powerapps.com.png

Set(BloquePICKIDClick;ThisItem.PICK_ID);;
Set(BloqueCutOffClick;Text(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.CUT_OFF_DATE); "dd/mm/yyyy"));;
Set(BloqueCutOffTimeClick;Text(DateAdd(DateAdd(ThisItem.CUT_OFF_TIME;-9;Minutes);TimeZoneOffset());"hh:mm"));;
Set(BloqueREF1Click;ThisItem.ARTNO2);;
Set(BloqueQTYClick;ThisItem.OPEN_PICK_QTY);;
Set(ValideNO2;ThisItem);;

//Ouvre la boite de dialogue
Set(DisplayPopupValideClick; true );;

//Reset le timer
Set(ResetTimerValideClick; false);;
Reset(Timer1_3);;
Set(ResetTimerValideClick; true);;
Set(StartTimerValideClick; true );;

It opens a multi-choice window for him to choose his action (DisplayPopupValideClick) and each action writes something different in the connected file

FireShot Capture 050 - Power Apps - make.powerapps.com.png

3/ Bloquer

Set(StartTimerValideClick; false);;
IfError(
    Refresh(Click);;
    Refresh(Truck);;
    Refresh(JIT_Liste_Mail);;
    Refresh(Traités);;
    Refresh(Version);;

Patch(Click;ValideNO2;{Nom_preparateur:"Bloqué Click "&User().FullName & Text(Now();" le dd/mm à hh:mm");Etat:"Bloqué"});Set(Gestion_Erreur_Visible;true);

Patch(Traités;{ID: BloquePICKIDClick;CutOffDate: BloqueCutOffClick&" "&BloqueCutOffTimeClick;RefAlerte1: BloqueREF1Click;QTY:BloqueQTYClick;Nom:"Bloqué Click "&User().FullName & Text(Now();" le dd/mm à hh:mm");Nom_Pick:User().FullName;Date_Pick:Text(Now();"dd/mm/yyyy hhmm");Etat:"Bloqué";Type:"Click"});Set(Gestion_Erreur_Visible;true);

Notify( "Juste In Time impossible à faire, il sera grisé jusqu'au Cut OFF";NotificationType.Success;4000));;

Set(DisplayPopupValideClick; false);;

2/ Traiter

IfError(
    Refresh(Click);;
    Refresh(Truck);;
    Refresh(Traités);;
    Refresh(Version);;

Patch(Click;ValideNO2;{Nom_preparateur:"Traité Click "&User().FullName & Text(Now();" le dd/mm à hh:mm");Etat:"Traité"});Set(Gestion_Erreur_Visible;true);

Patch(Traités;{ID: BloquePICKIDClick;CutOffDate: BloqueCutOffClick&" "&BloqueCutOffTimeClick;RefAlerte1: BloqueREF1Click;QTY:BloqueQTYClick;Nom:"Traité Click "&User().FullName & Text(Now();" le dd/mm à hh:mm");Nom_Pick:User().FullName;Date_Pick:Text(Now();"dd/mm/yyyy hhmm");Etat:"Traité";Type:"Click"});Set(Gestion_Erreur_Visible;true);

Notify( "Juste In Time traité (stocké), il sera grisé jusqu'au Cut OFF";NotificationType.Success;4000));;

1/ Confirmer

IfError(
    Refresh(Click);;
    Refresh(Truck);;
    Refresh(Traités);;
    Refresh(Version);;

Patch(Click;ValideNO2;{Nom_preparateur:"Fait Click "&User().FullName & Text( Now(); " le dd/mm à hh:mm");Etat:"Fait"});Set(Gestion_Erreur_Visible;true);

Patch(Traités;{ID: BloquePICKIDClick;CutOffDate: BloqueCutOffClick&" "&BloqueCutOffTimeClick;RefAlerte1: BloqueREF1Click;QTY:BloqueQTYClick;Nom:"Fait Click "&User().FullName & Text(Now();" le dd/mm à hh:mm");Nom_Pick:User().FullName;Date_Pick:Text(Now();"dd/mm/yyyy hhmm");Etat:"Fait";Type:"Click"});Set(Gestion_Erreur_Visible;true);

Notify( "Juste In Time confirmé (validé avec le RDT), il sera grisé jusqu'au Cut OFF";NotificationType.Success;4000));;

My connected Excel file is updated via a VBA macro every 2 hours which causes the power apps ID to change or the error handling (IfError)(Set(Gestion_Erreur_Visible;true)) in case the user is on a not updated gallery

But I can't fix this problem of corruption of my file which is punctual (from time to time)

So is this a known problem, or I have a problem in the functioning of my application

If someone can help me, I've been on this for days.

Thanks in advance

@R3dKap  Si tu passes par la et que tu as le temps de m'apporter ton expertise 😉

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Thomaw 

There are many ways for an Excel data source to be corrupted.  Please see @Shanescows 's  video about why Excel is a terrible data source.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmZM3tm2Zs 

Hello and thank you for your answer @Drrickryp 

I want to hear it  when sending data from Power Apps to Excel you cannot have it open or if you work with a lot of lines in your data source you will have problems with delegation...

But to corrupt the data, It wouldn't even be a bug but it would be a big malfunction and I don't think Microsoft allows such a thing.

Also knowing that I have several Power apps connected to excel files and that I do not have this problem

I honestly think it's more about how my app works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,338)