cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Data from SharePoint lists not loading.

Hi,

I had a number of apps that were perfectly working untill about 11.00AM AEST Today (22/06/2016). All of a sudden all my apps stopped pulling data and writing back. Not sure what caused the issue. Hope this is an issue at MS end and will be fixed soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi folks, apologies for the outage we had this morning. We ran into an issue with our deployments that resulted in this outage. We are taking steps to make sure we don't this partcular issue again. All functionality should be restored back to normal at this point, so please let us know if you are still running into issues.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Power Participant
Power Participant

Yes, I am having the same issue.

Using SharePoint lists is not ideal in my experience.  If you have SharePoint anyway and have Access 2013 or later, consider creating an Access Web App in SharePoint, which is an easy way to create an Azure database hosted on SharePoint (it is not at all an Access database in fact).  I have tested it just now and they are still working while SP lists are not, even on the same site!

Details from 08:45 of this video, for example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keKLABD0XMs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same issue...I was working on an app and all of a sudden the list items stopped showing. When I have tryed to refresh the connection or to create a new one PowerApps Studio just crashes. 

Does anyone has any information about this?

Thanks 🙂 

Power Participant
Power Participant

Now seems it is all working again...
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi folks, apologies for the outage we had this morning. We ran into an issue with our deployments that resulted in this outage. We are taking steps to make sure we don't this partcular issue again. All functionality should be restored back to normal at this point, so please let us know if you are still running into issues.

View solution in original post

Hi Mate,

Thanks for your comment. I just created an Access app and now I'm having trouble connecting it to PowerApps. Do you have any idea how to get the Azure connection string of the app? Thanks in advance.

Anton

You first need to enable connections for your Access Web App (equivalent to Azure SQL DB) and obtain the parameters for the connection string

1. Open the Access Web App in the MS Access desktop application
  2. Click the File tab > Info > click Manage within the Connections group
  3. If your Access App is on SharePoint Online, select From Any Location or From My Location to allow connections. Note: If you are on an IPv6 network, you will only have the option to connect From Any Location. In an on-premise installation, these options are not available.
  4. Select either Enable Read-Only Connection or Enable Read-Write Connection (depending on what you need for your PowerApp)
  5. Depending on the previous selection, select either View Read-Only Connection Information or View Read-Write Connection Information
  6. Copy and paste the Server (MYSERVER), Database (MYDATABASE), User (DBUSER) and Password (DBPASSWORD) values into Notepad or Word, or leave the Connection Information window open so you can copy and paste the information from it later.

Then in PowerApps the source type to use is SQL Azure, and you will be asked for a connection string.  Use the following

Server=tcp:MYSERVER.database.windows.net;Database=MYDATABASE;User ID=DBUSER;Password=DBPASSWORD

This worked very well for me.  Please let me know if anything is not clear or if you get stuck

worked like a charm! Thanks mate.

You are welcome.  You will realise that you can only see tables and not queries.  Using queries can extend app functionality tremendously and enable faster apps, please vote for this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/PowerApps-must-also-see-SQL-Azure-Queries-not-on...

Since an Access Web App is basically an SQL Azure database, then it should work for both.

When I select New it brings up a list of connections but I cannot see SQL Azure. Sharepoint and SQL Server are both on the list (along with others). Will this work with an MS Access Web App created SQL Azure database on Sharepoint? What am I doing wrong?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,330)