cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data from patch function doesn't get into the same row as submit form function

Hi, I am facing a problem while creating my APP where the data from my SubmitForm and Patch functions don't get into the same row even though they are supposed to. I created this form using PowerApps which is connected to my list on SharePoint for the employees in my company to key in the defects of the machines, and then upload photos of the defects. Since SharePoint doesn't have the camera function, I had to use the camera function on PowerApps and patch the photos taken to my SharePoint list. 

However, the photos that are taken are always not in the same row as the form that the employees keyed in. I have attached photos of how the submission looks like in SharePoint and in the APP. In SharePoint, they split into 2 rows and in the APP, there will be a blank gallery. I have attached a picture of how my 'Submit' button looks like in the APP. The 'OnSelect' property is SubmitForm('Input Form'); Patch('New Input', Defaults('New Input'), {'Images:': MyCamera.Photo}). 

Can someone help me with this please? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data from patch function doesn't get into the same row as submit form function

I have found the solution. I have to patch each question in the form to their respective columns.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data from patch function doesn't get into the same row as submit form function

I have found the solution. I have to patch each question in the form to their respective columns.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,960)