Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinSejak
Helper I
Helper I

Data imits in EditForm

Hello all,

I have a problem with EditForm. It refers to Gallery, to show fields based on Gallery Selection.

Both have the same data source (Excel file), what I observed, when I increase number of rows to more than 1000 in data source,

formula in EditForm, Item: Gallery.Selected starts to show error - "Invalid formula. Expected value compatible with Data source".

Do you have experience with this, can you please advise?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinSejak
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,  the issue is resolved. I used this thread: Solved: Invalid Formula. Expected a value compatible with ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MartinSejak What error is it showing?

under the Item in EditForm, the formula Gallery.Selected, the word Selected is underlined.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MartinSejak When you put your cursor there, it will show you the Error. Can you send a screen shot of that.

Hi 

I just checked other posts and found a thread. The error is "Invalid formula. Expected value compatible with Data source." Sorry, I am new, just learning how to be precise when asking for help 🙂

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MartinSejak What is the name of the Gallery?

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MartinSejak Are you still interested in getting this resolved?

MartinSejak
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,  the issue is resolved. I used this thread: Solved: Invalid Formula. Expected a value compatible with ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (817)