cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvanTse
Level: Powered On

Data loaded but not displaying in the form

Hi All,

I am having a very strange issue where PowerApps forms are not loading all the fields in the item all at once.

Background Context:

I have created an app that splits the collection of data accross 5 forms. The data is collected into a collection as each form is completed and only uploaded once using a Patch.

When the data submitted to the SharePoint list, an email is sent to a supervisor who will open up the submitted item in View mode (please see the video).

Dataload logic

1. The supervisor is sent an email which links back to the PowerApps and passes a unique variable as a parameter
  2. The PowerApps will set the parameter and then look up the SharePoint item and assign it to a globalVariable (gblReviewItem)
  3. Once loaded, the PowerApps will set the forms' DisplayMode as View AND it will set the Forms' Item() property as the gblReviewItem)

Issue

When the PowerApps first loads, the first form behaves as expected (it displays all the SharePoint's Item fields) and the user will then use the next button to navigate to the next screen.

This is when the issue begins. The next screen does not load the data into the form unless the user navigates back and forth, which the form will then slowly a couple of fields at a time.

Debugging so far

• I have added a label to the second screen and set it to display a field from the SharePoint Item, this shows the item on first load
  • I have also copied and pasted the form on the second screen - this also displays the data on first load
    • I then tried to delete the original form on the second screen and then replace all references to the fields in the new form. This did not work as the new form then displayed the same behaviour or loading the form fields sporadically on each navigation.
  • I have tried rolling back to a previous version that did not display this behaviour, but once I saved and new changes, it displayed the same issue
  • I have tried exporting and importing the PowerApps as a new App which worked on import. But once any new changes were saved, it displayed the same issue

I have attached 2 gifs for better clarification of the issue.

Further notes

• I did change a column data type in the SharePoint List

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
PavanKumar
Level 8

Re: Data loaded but not displaying in the form

HI EvanTse,

Can I ask you a question to solve this? May I know which formulae are you using to collect the list? Collect? ClearCollect? anything else?

The moment you move from one screen to other screen, you close the preview mode and open the File --> collections and check what data your collections has. This will narrow down the issue which you are facing.

Happy to help if you have any further questions.

Please mark it as verified if this answers your question.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

EvanTse

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the speedy reply, I have responded to your questions below:

Can I ask you a question to solve this? May I know which formulae are you using to collect the list? Collect? ClearCollect? anything else?

The data is collected on the Apps OnStart() using the Collect() formula.

The moment you move from one screen to other screen, you close the preview mode and open the File --> collections and check what data your collections has. This will narrow down the issue which you are facing.

I forgot to mention that this is only occuring in Play mode, everything works as expected in preview mode.

For further context, the next button does not collect any data, the data is fully loaded OnStart() and then set into a global variable, the global variable is set into each form's item property.

Thanks for the reply and any further assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Evan

PavanKumar
Level 8

Hi, Is it happening with specific fields or all fields in the second screen? Regards, Pavan Kumar Garlapati
EvanTse

There are 4 screens after the first one, all with the same kind of set up. This issue happens to all 4 screens.
EvanTse

I have attached an video of the issue for further information.

Still not too sure what is causing this.

I have also tried "Save as" as a new PowerApps which shows the same issue and also exporting it and re-importing it which also did not help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,787)