cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Data often are not loaded: textinput / gallery (reading data from Sharepoint) / dropdown menu issue

Hi,

I am facing issue related to loading data between Dropdown menu selection / gallery (including many of text input fields, reading data from SharePoint list) / and HTML TEXT field. It looks like this is PowerApps bug, but I believe that there is some possible workaround to overcome.

What is the purpose of my PowerApps tool?

I have created tool where selecting one position from dropdown menu loading to HTML text field specific other data from the same row in the SharePoint list. Dropdown menu includes entries from one of columns from this SharePoint list. This HTML text field is the preview of the email content which will be send based on Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 (sending email feature works correctly).

How the tool is built (brief description)?
Dropdown menu:
"Items" - SharePoint list name
"Value" - one of the column name

I have hidden Gallery configured as below:
Filter('SharePoint list Entries','ID Column'=DropdownEmail01.SelectedText.Value)

Gallery has inside many textinput fields reading data from proper SharePoint column:
"Data" fields - "Defaults" are entered as eg. "ThisItem.'ColumnName01'.

And I have HTML TEXT field which has a content like:
Answer01: ABC.

Exemplary ABC is loaded data from Gallery based on textinput name where is linked this above 'ThisItem.'....

This HTML text field is configured like:
"Answer01: " & textinput01.Text & "."

Where is the problem?

Often when I select entry in the dropdown menu, all the data from Gallery are not loaded. There is the temporary workaround for this but only in edit mode: when I will cut the Gallery from the screen and then paste gallery again from clipboard, entries will work properly in HTML text field. I can chose anything from dropdown menu and HTML TEXT field will load whole data always till I will not close edit mode. But I can't apply this for play mode.

Ideas to overcome the issue but I don't have idea how to manage:
- some delay in loading gallery first before loading data to the html filed
- some hidden ordering when I choose new entry in dropdown menu then load Sharepoint row in Gallery first, then load data to HTML TEXT input filed based on textinput name connected to Gallery.

Thanks everyone for your ideas in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Data often are not loaded: textinput / gallery (reading data from Sharepoint) / dropdown menu issue

Hi @bs8419 ,

Not sure if this will help you in your particular situation, but if you need too create a delay, you can use a timer control, as depicted in our documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-timer

You can set the duration you want and then tell the timer which action you would like to perform with OnTimerEnd.

If you think this needs to be added as a functionality, please create an idea on the forum or up-vote if already created.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,
Ricardo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Data often are not loaded: textinput / gallery (reading data from Sharepoint) / dropdown menu issue

Thank you @rimatos for your proposition.

Indeed OnTimerEnd is quite satisfactory for me. Is enough to add Timer button, set manually new "Refresh" instead of default counting time, and for OnTimerEnd set:

Refresh(sharepoint_list_name)

I have tested value time set for 500 and this solved the problem.

But finally your proposition directed me to set more automated and simple solution:

Just for drop down menu I have set action OnChange with the same "Refresh":

This refresh automatically and causing empty-filling HTML text filed for about 1 second after choosing drop down menu. For me this is satisfactory, hope for players of my app too.

Topic is solved for me, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @bs8419 ,

Not sure if this will help you in your particular situation, but if you need too create a delay, you can use a timer control, as depicted in our documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-timer

You can set the duration you want and then tell the timer which action you would like to perform with OnTimerEnd.

If you think this needs to be added as a functionality, please create an idea on the forum or up-vote if already created.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,
Ricardo

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you @rimatos for your proposition.

Indeed OnTimerEnd is quite satisfactory for me. Is enough to add Timer button, set manually new "Refresh" instead of default counting time, and for OnTimerEnd set:

I have tested value time set for 500 and this solved the problem.

But finally your proposition directed me to set more automated and simple solution:

Just for drop down menu I have set action OnChange with the same "Refresh":

This refresh automatically and causing empty-filling HTML text filed for about 1 second after choosing drop down menu. For me this is satisfactory, hope for players of my app too.

Topic is solved for me, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,821)