cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data on screen refresh others not

I have a home screen with multiple action buttons.

View button -> shows screen with all items. There's a next arrow that goes to detail of that item. It shows the item.

Go back, select following item, go to detail of the following item.

The next arrow has OnSelect fx Navigate(DetailScreen1, None)

The back arrow has OnSelect fx Navigate(BrowseScreen1, None)

The detail screen has a HomeIcon that has OnSelect fx Navigate(HomeScreen, Fade)

Approve button -> shows screen with all the pending items filtered on a particular field.

There's a next arrow that goes to another detail screen but here it show the last visited item from the view all before??

Same configuration of home, next(send to other detailscreen), back arrow

Those screens from the approve - pending - detailpending have been duplicated from the previous working screen and renamed

I provide the item in the title by the & BrowseGallery1.Selected.'{Name}'. For the detail pending screen it takes the pending screen, so that's ok. But the underlying data is not refreshed and still shows the item from before.

I don't see where's the error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BitLord69
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi Alve,

Please, attach screen dumps if you can, it's so much easier to see than imagining what your screens look like from your description.

Have you changed the Item(s)-property of your copied screens? If you change only the name it might point to the wrong data.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BitLord69
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi Alve,

Please, attach screen dumps if you can, it's so much easier to see than imagining what your screens look like from your description.

Have you changed the Item(s)-property of your copied screens? If you change only the name it might point to the wrong data.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok going over each screen to take a screenshot I've seen on the rigth pane under Advanced the Item property set to the other gallery., now I see it off course the issue. I just duplicated the screen and he kept the Item from the other Gallery.

Thank you for the hint!

I still do have problems with other "edit" screen after the edit question screen passing the correct item to following separate edit screens. Will look into that first.

some print screens for reference for others :

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png

I'm glad it fixed your problem! One extra hint - stsart renaming your screens and controls so you know what they all do. If you leave the development for a while and come back, remembering which screen contains BrowseGallery1 and BrowseGallery1_1 is just a pain. Add a pre- or postfix to the control's name to indicate where it is.

For instance, if the first gallery resides on the Home Screen, call it something like

1) with a prefix: scrHome_bg1 (or even better, instead of 1 give it a name with the contents, like Customers).

2) postfix: bgCustomers_scrHome

The bg stands for BrowseGallery, and the scr for screen. I also use txt for text fields and lbl for labels, just to make it easier when reading code later on. It will be a big job renaming everything, but in the long run you will save lots of time and if you do it with new items added right away you don't need to think twice about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,549)