Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SP545
Frequent Visitor

Data source change in power apps

Hello, 

I have designed a power app with Sharepoint as the data source, 

a) I have created an app (basically file imported as an app)  in SharePoint and imported it into Powerapps for my testing purpose 

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-14 at 2.11.27 PM.jpeg

but the actual problem statement is, 

Somebody already uploaded an excel spreadsheet and making changes to that in Sharepoint 

Here my question is 

How I can modify my data source from the Sharepoint app to a SharePoint excel spreadsheet? 

2 REPLIES 2
GarethPrisk
Super User II
Super User II

Excel files in SharePoint cannot be the data source of a canvas app, unfortunately.

You can use an Excel file, but it was must be stored in a cloud-storage account, such as Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and OneDrive for Business.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-excel

If you are able to point to the Excel file in a valid source, then you will need to remap the controls/formulas/etc. from the old SharePoint list to the Excel file.

SP545
Frequent Visitor

thanks, @GarethPrisk , i was looking for this feature, but as you said it's not available as of now 

I have later uploaded the file in Onedrive and imported it into Powerapps 

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (64,894)