cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msaldivar
Frequent Visitor

Data source limits

I have a problem.

i'm creating an app that uses imported data source from Excel file the problem is that i want to read 200,000 rows at least, but i dont know if i can do that or how i can do that because first, i increase the limit of data in the config from 500 to 2,000 rows and then i'm also using a formula that i think is a delegation function:  Search("my_Excel_file";TextSearchBox2.Text;"Column1";"Colmn2")

I'm using this function in a Browse Gallery and when i try to know how many data i'm reading, i use this function:

CountRows(BrowseGallery2.AllItems)

but the result is only 15,000, not thw 200,000 rows i need.

I need help cuz i don know how can i read the 200,000 rows

10 REPLIES 10
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Msaldivar ,

Actually, it is the known limits with 'Add static data to your app' feature in PowerApps. The 'Add static data to your app' feature can only load a maximum of 15,000 records once time.

If you want to load more than 15,000 records from your static Excel file, as an fixed solution, you could consider bulk-load your Excel data into your app to multiple individual collections, then merge these individual collections into a single one collection, then use the single one collection as data source in your app.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/how-well-does-powerapps-cope-with-large-excel-files

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Pulling-in-large-ish-SQL-tables/m-p/243777#M7...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,418)