cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source may be invalid

Hi everyone,

Since latests updates of PowerApps, all my Apps connected to SharePoint lists are broken :

I have some very simple apps, wich contains 3 screens :

• Home (displaying a gallery of my SharePoit list items)
  • AddScreen (A simple form to add an item in the SharePoint list)
  • EditScreen (A simple forme to edit an item)

All of this was working fine last week, and today, on the edit screen every time i want to save my updated item ( SubmitForm(EditForm) ) i randomly have one of these two errors :

• We encountered a problem saving your changes. The data source may not be valid.
  • Conflicts exist with the changes made on the server. Recharge. Response from server: ETAG mismatch.

Does anybody have an idea of what is happening ? these apps are running in production environment so this is very embarrassing for my client...

Thanks by advance,

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

This solution worked for Patch(). But what about normal SubmitForm() option.

I have SubmitForm() in my SAVE button, and i get this error till now. Kindly suggest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Muzammil
Frequent Visitor

Your SharePoint list fields type should be the same type as used in PowerApps fields type. i.e. if using the dropdown in PowerApps, you need to make sure you are using Choice in SharePoint list for the same field.

I doubt this is the problem, @Muzammil . 

I've encountered this error numerous times and the only solution so far is throw away the fields and re-create them. It's a back end problem that should be fixed.

JimiJ808
Frequent Visitor

Also have run into this issue today - was working on a Training Form linked to a SharePoint List. Was working perfectly fine yesterday, now suddenly 'data source may be invalid'. Hovering over the submitform button, it just says 'an unknown error occurred'.

I went back to the default form and it creates a new item with the list fine which means there's definitely something not working with the PowerApps submitform. Extremely frustrating.

I found what was causing my issue. The data was invalid.

Sounds like a stupid reseponse, but I went back through the data, found a required column that I wasn't looking for, thats one issue, but didn't solve it.

However, I found a tile in the form that represented a lookup column. This grabbed the Project Number when you selected your Project Name. I thought this would auto fill in the form as you select the name, but it didn't.

Once I deleted this tile (that wasn't doing anything anyway) I was able to create new items again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,261)