cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Data source may be invalid

Hi everyone,

Since latests updates of PowerApps, all my Apps connected to SharePoint lists are broken :

I have some very simple apps, wich contains 3 screens :

• Home (displaying a gallery of my SharePoit list items)
  • AddScreen (A simple form to add an item in the SharePoint list)
  • EditScreen (A simple forme to edit an item)

All of this was working fine last week, and today, on the edit screen every time i want to save my updated item ( SubmitForm(EditForm) ) i randomly have one of these two errors :

• We encountered a problem saving your changes. The data source may not be valid.
  • Conflicts exist with the changes made on the server. Recharge. Response from server: ETAG mismatch.

Does anybody have an idea of what is happening ? these apps are running in production environment so this is very embarrassing for my client...

Thanks by advance,

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data source may be invalid

I am suffering from the same problem on submit data to SharePoint list.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi,

I just ran into this. Do you use Patch to update your records? I didn't have any issues on any of my screens in my app but I have two buttons that use Patch to update a yes/no field and that seems to cause the ETAG mismatch issue.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tjourdinfb,

I cannot reproduce your issue. Where did you encounter this issue? On web browser or a mobile app? Please try to open the app in edit mode and then check if the data source is still connected. Then check the connection list in PowerApps site, see if this connector's status is connected. If not, fix the connection. If all above does not resolve the issue, then try to readd the connection in the app.

捕获.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We are having the same problem with all our apps that use sharepoint lists. We can create new items, or delete existing items, but whenever we try to edit we get:

There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid. - in play mode

Conflict exist with changes on the server, please reload. Server Response: ETAG mismatch. - in edit mode

We have also noticed that all apps are requesting the permissions for the connections every time you play them (used to be only the first time or the first time post a new connection being added and published)

I've checked the connections, they all say connected (and since they WILL save new entries that seems to be confirmed) I've tried removing one of the connections and readding it, that did nothing.

Halp?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

thanks for your answer,

no, i use a simple SubmitForm(EditForm) (i am not working with collections 'cause my lists doesn't contain so much items)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I encounter this issue on both web browser and mobile app, i checked the connexions and they are all fine...

I also tried to re-add the list as data source, but it didn't work too.

Doing some tests i noticed that sometimes the first modification is saving right, then impossible to make another update.

I'll never understand how it's possible that all thoose apps were working just fine some days ago and now nothing is working no more.. 😕

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same Problem !

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I think there is an issue with an update to PowerApps or SharePoint, these ETAG and Invalid data source errors come in pairs, essentially this thread and this one are related. Simple form submits too. Possibly yes/no field related. Microsoft please help!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Saving-Attachment-and-Patching-Item-ETAG-Erro...

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

WOW, That was fast, it's working now! Thanks Microsoft!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,183)