cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data source may be invalid

This solution worked for Patch(). But what about normal SubmitForm() option.

I have SubmitForm() in my SAVE button, and i get this error till now. Kindly suggest.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Your SharePoint list fields type should be the same type as used in PowerApps fields type. i.e. if using the dropdown in PowerApps, you need to make sure you are using Choice in SharePoint list for the same field.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I doubt this is the problem, @Muzammil . 

I've encountered this error numerous times and the only solution so far is throw away the fields and re-create them. It's a back end problem that should be fixed.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Also have run into this issue today - was working on a Training Form linked to a SharePoint List. Was working perfectly fine yesterday, now suddenly 'data source may be invalid'. Hovering over the submitform button, it just says 'an unknown error occurred'.

I went back to the default form and it creates a new item with the list fine which means there's definitely something not working with the PowerApps submitform. Extremely frustrating.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I found what was causing my issue. The data was invalid.

Sounds like a stupid reseponse, but I went back through the data, found a required column that I wasn't looking for, thats one issue, but didn't solve it.

However, I found a tile in the form that represented a lookup column. This grabbed the Project Number when you selected your Project Name. I thought this would auto fill in the form as you select the name, but it didn't.

Once I deleted this tile (that wasn't doing anything anyway) I was able to create new items again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,070)