cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Data source variables are still referring to old values in different environment

Hello,

As per the recent addition of SP lists to be changed as per the environment variables as explained here - https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-data-source-environment-variables/

The migration process is not working as expected for me at all, I have done as follows:

In the existing app, I have added list connector with data source variables by enabling the app settings for the 

Saved working Power apps app, and then removed variable values as explained in the above article

Imported the same solution into different environment with different SP site and list values

However, when I run the application, it still adds values in the site and list which was mentioned in the previous environment. I have re-checked the environment variables into new environments which are all as expected with different SP list and site. Unfortunately it's not changing the functionality for the different list for me..

Can you please help me what's wrong for me in the migration?

Thanks,

30 REPLIES 30
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

And now I am facing the error after migration that list does not exist- I am not sure if this feature is in preview or not functional at present? can you please help me with this?

Thanks,

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Moreover, It's only working for the single SP site, It does not identify if SharePoint Site is changed in the data source variable, it keeps referring the old SP site.

d-lillie
Regular Visitor

I'm having a similar issue - except with the list in an environment variable. My app which is using environment variables for SharePoint site and SharePoint list is showing data from the old list reference in Play mode (I've saved and published multiple times), but in studio mode it shows the correctly updated Datasource. Can you confirm if this feature is broken, or are we using it incorrectly?

Additionally, adding site URL's to the environment variable datasource manually does not work even if I have the correct permissions - I must visit the SharePoint site first for it to show up as a suggested site and choose it from the dropdown.

Thanks,

David

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

As per my conversation with MS support team, they have confirmed that this feature is currently in preview and will be generally available after 2-3 months, therefore some of the parts/scenario will not work at present.

Planning to look back on this after 2 months.

Hope this helps!

Rohit4044041
Helper II
Helper II

Same exeprience here. I have sharepoint site and list as Datasource environemnt variable.

Once imported in destination, even though varibles are set correctly, Powerapp kept referrring old site (site at the source) I had made sure that "CurrentSite" value is removed before exporting.

Not sure if thi should be used, if not what are the options to move solutions between tenants. 

AK06
Frequent Visitor

I'm also experiencing the same issue. My canvas app points to Old data source when the solution is imported into the new environment.

Did anyone find a solution for this issue?

Rohit4044041
Helper II
Helper II

I have  a ongoing ticket for this with Microsoft. While they have acknowledge that its a bug. Its been mre than 2 months now and I have been asked to be patient. So no update on this.

Kapako
Regular Visitor

Hey people, I thought I had the same issue as all of you. Though it is a little better 🤔

After a successful environment migration of my PowerApps Solution, datasources still visual refer to the previous data sources and also the "Edit data" option navigates to the previous data source.

Nevertheless when I run the app in designer it shows the data of the tables in the new environment! 👍

It does not run in app mode and ends with the error "List not found" 👎

This is awkward and confusing, though on the other hand content wise functional. Look to be an easy fix while it seems they just do not replace all the required fields to finish the job.

danbarrett
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.  Has anyone found a solution/workaround to this?

Thanks

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,991)