cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxchang9
Level: Powered On

Data table, Edit form

Hello,

I plan to build an app for my work, and encountered few problems that I would really need help with.  

1. I create a Data table (source: Excel) contain list of items. While displaying the list i wish to add a column(in powerapps) that user may insert numbers.(numbers are saved to its respective item)

Exp. 

Table1 from Excel                    Add  column                                         User Editable

1.png                       3.png                        2.png         

After User sumbit the page,  apple = 6, orangle= 5, mango= 0,......etc. 

2. The "number" column, beside inserting numbers 1 by 1, I wish to add a new feature which allows User to recall records they previously saved. In addition, they can edit the records too.(not from source, but in powerapp)

Exp. 

Table1 from Excel           Table2 from Excel (records)              User chose "Summer"                         User edit "kiwii" 2->3

3.png       4.png          5.png       6.png

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data table, Edit form

Hi @maxchang9

I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to achieve. However, it seems that you might want to change your layout to make it possible to use with PowerApps. Connecting your excel sheet to PowerApps you will not be able to add columns but only additional rows.

From your screens I got that you want to allow multiple people record different numbers for different variables?

Here is Excel table structure you could use:

1.png

I added additional columns:

List_Name so users can add names to their list,
User_Email so that the user could retrieve all lists that are made by him,
Create_Date if you ever want to see when the list was created

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,798)