Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesantony
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data table[disabled view] - multi-line text field border

Hello there,

I have this peculiar problem.. not so understandable.

Having this table in disabled mode. All the fields border are not displaying... only for these multi-line text though it is disabled it has this thin border line.. functionally its not impacting but visually it is dusturbing. is there anything I can do to get rid of this.

thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Instead of using the Edit form in View mode,  try using a view form instead and see if the behavior is the same.  If that one looks OK, you can toggle the edit form and the view form visibility with a button that has its OnSelect property: UpdateContext({viewform:!viewform}). Set the Visible Property of the View form as: viewform and the Visible property of the Edit form as !viewform.  You can control which form you want to see when the screen opens by setting the OnVisible property of the screen as UpdateContext({viewform:true}) if you want to see View form and false if you want to see the Edit form.

Another way to toggle the forms is to use the OnSuccess property of the Edit form.  Make that property: UpdateContext({viewform:true}).  That way, if the data is submitted successfully. the form will show the item as a read only View. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi James,

I am not sure what you are looking at.  DataTables do not have a display mode, either for the entire control or the columns.  Are you looking at an edit or display form control?

Apologies, yes it is the form in view mode.

Hi James,

Instead of using the Edit form in View mode,  try using a view form instead and see if the behavior is the same.  If that one looks OK, you can toggle the edit form and the view form visibility with a button that has its OnSelect property: UpdateContext({viewform:!viewform}). Set the Visible Property of the View form as: viewform and the Visible property of the Edit form as !viewform.  You can control which form you want to see when the screen opens by setting the OnVisible property of the screen as UpdateContext({viewform:true}) if you want to see View form and false if you want to see the Edit form.

Another way to toggle the forms is to use the OnSuccess property of the Edit form.  Make that property: UpdateContext({viewform:true}).  That way, if the data is submitted successfully. the form will show the item as a read only View. 

the problem is I need to have both edit and view. When the user hir edit option the same form should convert to edit mode. upon save it will become view mode again.

I get that. What I am saying is that It doesn't need to be the same form though.  If one becomes invisible when the other becomes visible and they overlap each other and both forms have the same data source and Item. 

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jamesantony,

Do you set the DefaultMode property of the Edit form control to FormMode.View within your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:12.JPG

Please make sure that the BorderThickness property of the Text input control within the Multi-line text Data card set to following formula:

0 /* zero */

Please also make sure that the BorderThickness property of Multi-line text Data card set to following:

In addition, please also take a try to turn off/Disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within the Advanced Settings of App settings (App settings-> Advanced Settings-> "Improved app rendering (final validation)"), then re-load your app again to check if the issue is solved.13.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,647)