Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ha_wai
Helper III
Helper III

Data validation for multi part form - not using SubmitForm

Hi everybody,

I am just after a confirmation of my approach before I embark on a "mission".

The App I'm working on is basically collecting information into a Sharepoint list. This list gets fed via two different apps and the information going into the list becomes available over time. This means there will be many incomplete datasets submitted and therefore it is not really possible to make fields mandatory by simply setting their properties. (it doesn't make sense to make the end time of a process mandatory when the process has just started but it is important that the start time gets recorded)

My simplistic solution for that is that the last user to enter data simply flicks a toggle that sets the record from active to archived. That also is a nice way to keep the start screen gallery tidy.

Now my question.

Is there a better way of doing data validation than binding it to that final toggle?

Thanks for any clever solution

Hansjoerg

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ha_wai ,

I am not sure this will suit your purpose, but the Required field in a Data Card can be conditional, so it is only required under the circumstances you choose. You then test FormName.Valid (it will be true or false) before submitting the Form.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

ha_wai
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

neither am I sure if this will help me, but it seems very valuable information.

Once the final toggle is set to complete, the user has to submit the form one last time (I know I could also use the OnCheck property of the toggle to submit but decided against it. I didn't want to introduce multiple ways of doing the same thing.). I guess this could be used to set a variable that triggers all the checks.

Cheers

Hansjoerg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,979)