cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakosked
Frequent Visitor

DataCard Height issue

Hi everyone.

Can anyone shed light on why the height stays at 80.

I have a parent child screen.

The Parent form is 3 columns (I've tried 2 and 12 in trying to fix this issue)   The first row ( X axis )  of each column cannot have the height changed.   Its 80 and I want it to be like 40.   I've tried manually changing the number, dragging the data card border frame.  Dragging the whole datacard to a lower line does change it but what ever shifts along to that top row has the height  of 80.  Its maddening.

Also the bottom row is doing the same thing by spacing itself apart from the other datacards.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @lakosked ,

There are a few reasons that a data card height will do this: -

1. Another card in the row has been set to this height
  2. There is a hidden control (look for the error control in particular) that has been shifted to the bottom of the card (or another card in the row).

Once you have identified what is, set the Height of all cards with the box on the right (do not drag them up)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @lakosked ,

There are a few reasons that a data card height will do this: -

1. Another card in the row has been set to this height
  2. There is a hidden control (look for the error control in particular) that has been shifted to the bottom of the card (or another card in the row).

Once you have identified what is, set the Height of all cards with the box on the right (do not drag them up)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi folks,

It turns out that it was indeed a hidden control as suggested.  It was the error message line that got separated from the datacard somehow.  This may be why manually resizing is currently not recommended.  Not sure.

At any rate once the vertical position number for the error message element was changed, all the rows snapped closer to the top row.

Capture.PNG

@lakosked ,

I guessed that would be the issue. One further hint - it you are not relying on the error message or "star" for compulsory fields (I do all my validation at Save), delete both of these controls - it makes about 40% less controls for the app to render and should load quicker - this is particularly relevant on screens with a lot of fields.

That sounds like something worth trying.  Not sure if I have a lot on my screen.  2 galleries and 2 forms in a parent child setup. With 10 fields on one form and 10 on the other.  It works well, but the refresh is a bit sluggish.  I will try removing those elements to see if improves performance.  Other than one or two fields the star and error are not needed.  Thanks.

I've been trying to mark as solution to the original post but every time I do I get a browser error about permissions.  Weird.

Thanks @lakosked 

I can get it marked - my original post?

Correct.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,164)