cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ja7
Frequent Visitor

DataCard as search field for a Gallery?

Hi,

I have an app that is used to submit product related data. One of datacards is called product category. The product category consists of 200 items.

The product category is in the app in a Gallery (not visible to users). I want the product category datacard to function as a search field for the product category gallery to avoid input errors. The value from the datacard needs to be submitted to a sharepoint list with the other user inputs. 

I have tried to find a solution that a Powerapp newbie would understand, but have had no luck. Would appreciate detailed guidance on the possible solution.

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Ja7 

Can you elaborate on the use of the Gallery?  You mention it is not visible. I am trying to understand what you are using that for and why in relation to the datacard.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Ja7
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I put the product category listing into a gallery because I wasn’t able to link the product categories list to the app any other way. My aim is to have users type in a product category number into the datacard. The datacard field will act as a search field and suggest the correct product code based on user input. I will be more than happy to start over from scratch. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Ja7 

You'll not need a gallery for this to work, but I am unclear then on your final bit of that statement - "The datacard field will act as a search field and suggest the correct product code based on user input."

Can you explain that part a little more - either how you have it or how you envision this.

I am getting that you have a product category - assuming the user would be entering this someplace. And then you have a product code.  Are users selecting this or is there some other means of entry that you are anticipating?

I believe that if I can get your concept down, i can provide you what you need to make this all work well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Ja7
Frequent Visitor

@ehayes what I am looking to achieve is this: users type in the product category number to the product category datacard. To avoid errors in inputs, the datacard should somehow contain all the possible product categories (200 categories) and suggest the correct category based on what the user is typing into the datacard.

Inputs from this product category datacard are then submitted to a sharepoint list along with the other inputs from the form. How can this be achieved?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,404)