cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

DataCard border doesn't show up

I have a viewForm with many dataCards en I tried to change the borderThickness from 0 to whatever values that will make the border appear, but the border never show even though it has a thickness value and a color selected (see screenshot),

The only things that change when I change the thickness is the position of the datacard as if the border was really there but not visible or hidden by something,

Thanks for helping,

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Your DataCard's DisplayMode must be Edit, not View

Highlighted

As @Alex_10 mentioned, the DisplayMode of your card is DisplayMode.View. It needs to be DisplayMode.Edit. If you change the DisplayMode property of that label to DisplayMode.Edit (which you can by unlocking the data card and following the steps below), you should be able to see the border. 

FormDisplayMode.gif

Let me know if this helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for helping, but I purposely put these fields in view mode so that when the user is in the edit form he can see these fields but cannot edit them,

How can I change some fields of the edit form as non editable without changing their display mode to view ?

Highlighted

Change the DisplayMode of those controls to DisplayMode.Disabled. Then you can use the Disabled Border Color to set the color of the border. Border Thickness property will still be the same. This way the controls will be disabled but you can still get a border. 

Let me know if this helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,919)