cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zcrossland
Regular Visitor

DataCardKey to pull through SP List column description

Hi, 

I have made a 3 screen app using a connector to a SharePoint list. On the details screen the Datacardkey that has pulled through is the Column Name from the SharePoint list. Is there a way for me to pull through the column description instead?

Currently if I click on the DataCardKey and go to the advanced settings, the text field shows 'Parent.DisplayName' - is there something I can change this field to?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @zcrossland :

It could be:

Parent.Default

/*'Parent.' means refer to the properties of the superior control*/

or

ThisItem.ColumnName

/*'Thisitem.' means refer to the value of this Item*/

There is a big difference between these two reference methods. The reason why you cannot use "Parent.DisplayName" is because DisplayName is not a property of the superior control.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jacky_Shen
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @zcrossland ,

You can unlock your datacard, and for the property "Text", you can change it to the column description.

Hi @Jacky_Shen, my question is what do I change the field to? I cannot find the correct option under the dropdown when I only type 'Parent.'

Thanks

Hi @zcrossland ,

You have to modify it in PowerApps, in the edit screen. First, choose the datacard you want to change in the left pane, and then choose DataCardKey, go to the property "Text", in the formula area, change 'Parent.DisplayName' to "YourColumnDescription", for example: "Project Background Information", remember to keep the quotation mark.

Hi @zcrossland :

It could be:

Parent.Default

/*'Parent.' means refer to the properties of the superior control*/

or

ThisItem.ColumnName

/*'Thisitem.' means refer to the value of this Item*/

There is a big difference between these two reference methods. The reason why you cannot use "Parent.DisplayName" is because DisplayName is not a property of the superior control.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,336)