cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

DataSource Connections

• I am unable to update the DataSource connection for a Gallery.  I can get to the screens allowing for updating connections for Forms but the DataSource for Galleries are not available for changes.  What am I missing?  I need to know all of the individual selections such as: 
  • For Forms - select form / Properties / DataSource (is available to delete and add) 
  • For Gallery - select gallery / Properties / DataSource is greyed out (fx), unable to change
  • -- Jayne
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: DataSource Connections

You can show a screen shot of the Gallery items.

Put the Datasource or YourTable on the Items property of the Gallery.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

RESULT RESPONSE: Are you asking me to provide data on this message board?  I don't know what I can provide to you.  I don't think my specific application is the problem but I will capture screen shots of what the DataSource selection for my gallery "looks" like.   As you can see the FORM provides a dropdown selection for a DataSource and the GALLERY does not provide that dropdown.  The Gallery does not not allow access to the DataSource selection.  As a reminder, I am interested in knowing the proper screen selections in order to change the datasource for an existing gallery.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Jleuterman ,

Just helping @eka24 here - you need to tag the responder in your post - it makes it much easier to see.

There is no DataSource of a Gallery - it is the Items property that controls it. Yours appears valid (there are no errors on it), but controls need to be set to ThisItem.FieldName (actual field name you need to see).

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,184)