cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

DataSource ThisItem should retrieve all the data

If you pass the ThisItem through to another screen you will not get all the data. This is because ThisItem will only pass the data that you show at the previous screen.

I believe that the ThisItem should contain all the data because that is more logical. If this behaviour is not desired then at least make it clear or make it toggle able.

I tested this with SQL Server and with the Entity System. This took me an day to figure out, so for me it wasn't clear.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: DataSource ThisItem should retrieve all the data

Hi @FrankBekema ,

You can store ThisItem in a Variable

Set(vItem,ThisItem)

and make it available on other screens - is this what you are asking? 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz,

It is not what I am asking. The problem is that Powerapps optimizes by only providing items in the ThisItem that are being used on the screen. Meaning that when you pass it on in the Navigate() function you can't access all the fields, only the ones you are displaying on the previous screen. Compare it to a traditional language like C#, passing a Class with all the variables in it. And that you want to see everything inside of that Class.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @FrankBekema ,

Gallery.Selected.xxx is also always available for any fields in the current record, which is effectively a collection of all the fields in that record. Anyway, I agree coming from VBA that there are many things you have to do very differently in Power Apps.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz 

It's just a thing I walked into, to avoid confusions I recommend that the ThisItem includes everything.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Gallery.Selected actually has the same behaviour as the ThisItem. The problem did not solve.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @FrankBekema ,

Must agree - no real solution that I know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,019)