cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

DataSourceInfo.CreatePermission & SharePoint?

Hey there

I was wondering if someone has already worked with DataSourceInfo.CreatePermission and SharePoint? My goal was to hide a certain button based on the users permissions, but I don't want to hardcode it anywhere or have a list people would need to maintain. This is why I thought DataSourceInfo.CreatePermission would be perfect for this.

However, I can't get it to work. My test user only has read permissions and If(DataSourceInfo('App Settings', DataSourceInfo.CreatePermission),true,false) is always returning true, no matter what user is opening the app. 

Does anyone know how to make this work? I have tried to hide a button directly with the command in blue, but also put true in a variable on the App.OnStart. Nothing seems to work.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Watch this video;

https://youtu.be/d0Ra0qr29JM

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User
Super User

Are you doing this inside Powerapps and what user or group of users do you to hide the button

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 

Yes, this is inside PowerApps and the group that has permissions to the source (in above case 'App Settings') should see the button.

Watch this video;

https://youtu.be/d0Ra0qr29JM

------------

@eka24 

Thanks. This actually works for me.

I take it that DataSourceInfo.CreatePermission is useless in combination with SharePoint then?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,690)