cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

DataSourceInfo() Does Not Work With SharePoint

I've been testing this on a SharePoint list which has all permissions deleted. I then use DataSourceInfo() to check for EditPermission.

If(DataSourceInfo('TESTLISTHERE', DataSourceInfo.EditPermission),"You have access to the list","You do not have access to the list")

I log in as a regular user and open the PowerApps form. The function always evaluates to true.

There are previous posts on this issue but I think more investigation needs to be done by the PowerApps team.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: DataSourceInfo() Does Not Work With SharePoint

Hi @cortexeo,

By "has all permissions deleted"? Did you mean that this user doesn't even have the view permission on the list? I just tested and it is true that even when the user doesn't have the access to this list, and he cannot see the items inside the app, DataSourceInfo('TESTLISTHERE', DataSourceInfo.EditPermission) still returns true.

Capture.PNG

I will report this information to pg and see if they have any suggestions.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It will return true regardless. I tested with no permissions, and view only. Within the function, I tested both Edit and Delete capability and they always return true.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

New Infos ?

Highlighted

@v-monli-msftcan I get the bug link in IMs? I would like to check the status of this bug as it is affecting our internal applications.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-derebi can you explain in more detail the issue your having? 

@Anonymous 

Highlighted

@AnonymousI managed to put together a workaround for our team, I beleive I am ok with this functionality for th e moment.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@Anonymous @v-monli-msft 

Any query that we use in this returns "True" value even if the user dont have access on SharePoint list.

How to use this query to determine if user have access on SP list or not?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,282)