Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamer66
Helper III
Helper III

DataTable with 2 Sharepointlists

Hello Forum,

i have a Problem and i guess it's a little tricky.

I have a DataTable with connect to a SharePointList und gets Data. This works fine.

SortByColumns(
Filter(
SharePointList;
If(
Status.Value = "Belehrung";
Mitgliedsnummer = verstossMeldenMitglNr And Status.Value = "Belehrung";
true
);
If(
Status.Value = "Verstoß";
Mitgliedsnummer = verstossMeldenMitglNr And Status.Value = "Verstoß" And Author.Email = User().Email;
true
)
);
"Kontrolliert_x0020_am";
Descending
)

Is it Possible to get data from 2 SharePointLists at the same time

e.g. Show Data in the datatable from List 1 and List 2 mixed at same time?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Tamer66 

The solution is pretty straightforward to implement if you use collections.  Are you comfortable using collections?

Here's an example. I have two lists: MyList1 [1,2,3] and MyList2 [4,5,6].  I can set them up with the following code.

ClearCollect(MyList1,{value:1},{value:2},{value:3});
ClearCollect(MyList2,{value:4},{value:5},{value:6});

I want MyList3 to holds the values from both tables [1,2,3,4,5,6] so I can use this code to make the join

ClearCollect(MyList3,MyList1,MyList2);

There are two things you must consider before using my method:

1.  Any code using the ClearCollect function must be placed in a behaviour based property such as OnVisible, OnSelect, OnStart, etc.  You cannot directly enter it into the Items property of a data table or gallery.

2.  My assumption is the column names in your 2 Sharepoint Lists match each other

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Tamer66 

The solution is pretty straightforward to implement if you use collections.  Are you comfortable using collections?

Here's an example. I have two lists: MyList1 [1,2,3] and MyList2 [4,5,6].  I can set them up with the following code.

ClearCollect(MyList1,{value:1},{value:2},{value:3});
ClearCollect(MyList2,{value:4},{value:5},{value:6});

I want MyList3 to holds the values from both tables [1,2,3,4,5,6] so I can use this code to make the join

ClearCollect(MyList3,MyList1,MyList2);

There are two things you must consider before using my method:

1.  Any code using the ClearCollect function must be placed in a behaviour based property such as OnVisible, OnSelect, OnStart, etc.  You cannot directly enter it into the Items property of a data table or gallery.

2.  My assumption is the column names in your 2 Sharepoint Lists match each other

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,154)