cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Database saved as collection reflecting incorrect strange column headers "afvw", "bnse"?

Hi,

I have a Sharepoint database. I store it in a collection and model it and use it for multiple purposes in my PowerApp. However, when I added 10 new columns to it and when I am storing it in a collection, the headers of the new columns are not appearing correctly. Please refer to the below screenshot. The name of the columns are "Resource_BCS", "Resource_BCS2", "Resource_BCS3" etc.

Screenshot (120).png

Please note if I am using the database directly in a data table or form, the headers are coming right but when I am storing them as a collection, the headers are acting weird. How do I fix it?

Regards,

Aakash 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Database saved as collection reflecting incorrect strange column headers

@AakashJaiswal 

I did not run into this issue earlier but I noticed that there is a post which talked about the same. I hope this can be helpful.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Collection-column-names-not-displaying-corre...

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@AakashJaiswal 

While storing the collection, you can give the name to the fields as mentioned below:

This show all the fields are they are in SP list:

ClearCollect(colSharePointItems, <SharePointList datasource>)

This will show partial set of fields:

ClearCollect(colSharePointItems, ShowColumns(<SharePointList datasource>, "Column1", "Column2"))

Note: Column1 , Column2 are actual column names in the SP list.

This will set your custom field names:

ClearCollect(colSharePointItems, <SharePointList datasource>, {Field1: Column1, Field2: Column2})

Now, Field1, Field2 are the display names in the collection.

Please share your collection code to see more internal details.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@rsaikrishna Thanks for the suggestion but I knew it in the first place.  The reason I didn't follow that approach is because I have more than 60 columns.

Do you know why this issue is happening in the first place? Isn't this a bug? 

@Msft 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@AakashJaiswal 

I did not run into this issue earlier but I noticed that there is a post which talked about the same. I hope this can be helpful.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Collection-column-names-not-displaying-corre...

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@rsaikrishna Thank you for referring that thread. The problem described and the solution suggested was exactly what I was needed.

Regards,

Aakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,428)