cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Datacard Height changes when saving change

Hi,

I am working with a PowerApp connected to several similar Sharepoint lists(same columns, different data).

After saving changes on the EditForm and I come back to the DetailForm the height of the Datacards have increased from 40 to about 150. this happens only sometimes. I have tested it alot and can't find any reason for why or when this happens or not.

I think this started to happen after I figured out how to switch between my various data sources(lists) using a global variable to set the source from a dropdown.

Set(CurrentSource; Switch(Dropdown1.Selected.source; "Depa1"; Depa1; "Depa2"; Depa2))

Depa1 and Depa2 being Sharepoint lists.

I Set this variable on the BrowseScreen OnVisible and again on the DetailScreen OnVisible else the changes I did won't reflect on the DetailForm when I submit them. 

Thankful for help to figure this one out.

/ Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I recreated my app from scratch and just copied the code I used from the first one.

Now it works fine. I have tested it alot and have had no problem with the hight changing in the cards of the detail form.

Something must have happend to my first app. I fiddled around alot with it before I got it to do what I wanted it to. 

So I will spend no more time tring to find the cause of this issue.

Thanks anyway

/ Christian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ChrisH,

I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side.

According to your description, I create two SharePoint lists, List3 and List4. They have same columns, different data.

Then create an app which has BrwoseGallery screen, details screen, edit screen.

Then add a Dropdown control on the BrowseGallery screen, set its items property as ["List3","List4"].

Then set the OnVisible property of the BrowseGallery screen as: Set(CurrentSource,Switch(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,"List3",List3,"List4",List4)).

Then set the gallery’s Items property, details screen and edit screen’s DataSource property as CurrenSource.

This function works fine on my side. When I back to the details screen after I submitted new records to the data source, I don’t get the issue you mentioned. The height of the datacard has always been 40.

Do you have any other special settings for the app?

Please share a screenshot for the issue. If possible, please also share a SessionID for further investigation.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi Mabel,

I get this issue ramdomly, so sometimes it works fine 5-6 times and then it goes wrong. Now when I made the screen shots for you I got the "stretched view" on my first try.

I do have my dropdown on a separate screen I added as the first screen but I guess that should not matter?

Normal

Stretched

Right now I cant replicate this issue in any browser, only in the PowerApps application preview.

I am pretty sure I did see this issue when testing in a browser and even running the app om my android phone last week.

I will do some more testing and let you know if I do see it in other places than the PowerApps application preview

Best Regards

Christian

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I recreated my app from scratch and just copied the code I used from the first one.

Now it works fine. I have tested it alot and have had no problem with the hight changing in the cards of the detail form.

Something must have happend to my first app. I fiddled around alot with it before I got it to do what I wanted it to. 

So I will spend no more time tring to find the cause of this issue.

Thanks anyway

/ Christian

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,075)