cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Datacard Height changes when saving change

Hi,

I am working with a PowerApp connected to several similar Sharepoint lists(same columns, different data).

After saving changes on the EditForm and I come back to the DetailForm the height of the Datacards have increased from 40 to about 150. this happens only sometimes. I have tested it alot and can't find any reason for why or when this happens or not.

I think this started to happen after I figured out how to switch between my various data sources(lists) using a global variable to set the source from a dropdown.

Set(CurrentSource; Switch(Dropdown1.Selected.source; "Depa1"; Depa1; "Depa2"; Depa2))

Depa1 and Depa2 being Sharepoint lists.

I Set this variable on the BrowseScreen OnVisible and again on the DetailScreen OnVisible else the changes I did won't reflect on the DetailForm when I submit them. 

Thankful for help to figure this one out.

/ Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Datacard Height changes when saving change

Hi,

I recreated my app from scratch and just copied the code I used from the first one.

Now it works fine. I have tested it alot and have had no problem with the hight changing in the cards of the detail form.

Something must have happend to my first app. I fiddled around alot with it before I got it to do what I wanted it to. 

So I will spend no more time tring to find the cause of this issue.

Thanks anyway

/ Christian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ChrisH,

I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side.

According to your description, I create two SharePoint lists, List3 and List4. They have same columns, different data.

Then create an app which has BrwoseGallery screen, details screen, edit screen.

Then add a Dropdown control on the BrowseGallery screen, set its items property as ["List3","List4"].

Then set the OnVisible property of the BrowseGallery screen as: Set(CurrentSource,Switch(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,"List3",List3,"List4",List4)).

Then set the gallery’s Items property, details screen and edit screen’s DataSource property as CurrenSource.

This function works fine on my side. When I back to the details screen after I submitted new records to the data source, I don’t get the issue you mentioned. The height of the datacard has always been 40.

Do you have any other special settings for the app?

Please share a screenshot for the issue. If possible, please also share a SessionID for further investigation.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mabel,

I get this issue ramdomly, so sometimes it works fine 5-6 times and then it goes wrong. Now when I made the screen shots for you I got the "stretched view" on my first try.

I do have my dropdown on a separate screen I added as the first screen but I guess that should not matter?

Normal

Stretched

Right now I cant replicate this issue in any browser, only in the PowerApps application preview.

I am pretty sure I did see this issue when testing in a browser and even running the app om my android phone last week.

I will do some more testing and let you know if I do see it in other places than the PowerApps application preview

Best Regards

Christian

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I recreated my app from scratch and just copied the code I used from the first one.

Now it works fine. I have tested it alot and have had no problem with the hight changing in the cards of the detail form.

Something must have happend to my first app. I fiddled around alot with it before I got it to do what I wanted it to. 

So I will spend no more time tring to find the cause of this issue.

Thanks anyway

/ Christian

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,234)