cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmaiello

Datacard.Text not submiting to List entry.

Hi,

I'm building a app to register inventory withdrawns. For that I created a list of itens available in the inventory and another list for register withdrawns with the name of the item, date, quantity, user etc.. The list of itens seeds a gallery that, when the item is selected, it's creates a variable (var, ThisItem) and navigate to editing form linked to the register list. In the editing form, the item selected is autofilled by ThisItem.Title, as the itens descriptions were in the Title column of the list of itens; date is filled by Today() function and user by User.Name() function. All fields are disabled, except by the quantity field.  All autofill functions are performed on each Datacard's Default property, as the DataCardValeu Text Input field maintained the Parent.Default property. After submitting the form all data is posted in the list, except by the item description (ThisItem.Title).

There is no error in the item description on Datacard ThisItem.Title as it shows the correct item description, and I already tried to put the function directly in the DataCardValeu Text Input field with no success. I tried to check what has been submitted by PowerApps Monitor, but it provides only submittion info and not the data submitted.

There is anyone that know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@fmaiello 

Well, that's the right thing for the update (as long as that control is getting the Default property set by the Parent.Default and the Default on the DataCard is the correct ThisItem.Title formula).

Have there been any other changes to the form?  Another quick thing to do is to remove the field from your form an add it back - in case the form has gotten confused somehow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@fmaiello 

What is the Update property for the Datacard for the Title field? That is where you need to look for the problem.

It should be a reference to the value of the control that contains the Title.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

fmaiello

Hi @RandyHayes,

Thanks for the return. The Update property is DataCardValue.Text and it is identifying my item properly as shown in the script bar (DataCardValue.Text = MyItem | data type: Text). So de Submit function is missing the text value of Update property some how.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@fmaiello 

Well, that's the right thing for the update (as long as that control is getting the Default property set by the Parent.Default and the Default on the DataCard is the correct ThisItem.Title formula).

Have there been any other changes to the form?  Another quick thing to do is to remove the field from your form an add it back - in case the form has gotten confused somehow.

@RandyHayes 

Didn't change any thing, but remove+add procedure solved.

Many thanks for the attention.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,636)