Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhalicki
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow with multiple queries bug

I have a dataflow which has two queries:
1. inserts the last import date/time into a dataverse table
2. inserts the data payload into a dataverse table.

When I enable query 2, everything works fine.  When I enable queries 1 and 2, I get an error message saying a column referenced in query 2 cannot be found.  Query 1 and 2 both work fine when only one query is enabled... the problem only occurs when I try and load two queries into two separate tables.

The exact error is:
Error Code: Mashup Exception Error, Error Details: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Expression.Error: The column 'ImportMonth' of the table wasn't found. Details: ImportMonth (request id: ef8f551c-7d5d-4056-928e-95084c1206e7).

I suspect the error above is not representative of the true error.

A bit of a rant here... I am really getting tired of working with unstable Microsoft products.  Seems that even simple things hit roadblocks due to buggy, untested products.

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@bhalicki,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you mean that you could not run the two queries at the same time?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, do you choose Refresh automatically ?

I have seen the previously case you have opened, it seems that it is an issue related to data flow refresh.

If you run the 2 data flows at the same time, the data refresh could not be got in time, that is why you have the error message "The column 'ImportMonth' of the table wasn't found". The first query is aimed to get last import date/time, if it runs with the second data flow, the refresh data could not be covered at once which may cause the conflict.

That is a possibility what I can think about, also you can try the following to debug:

1. Edit the Data flow again and go through the transformation and mapping to ensure the configuration is still valid.
  2. Change the way to refresh the data flow

If the above steps could not solve your problem, please consider contact our support team to open a ticket.

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,568)