Trying to hide a gallery based on delete permissions.
Ive shared the app with a user and restricted permissions in sharepoint so the only way the user can edit the list is through the app.
When using (Datasourceinfo(tablename,DeletePermission) it always evaluates to true. Yet the user does not have the delete permission available.
I have also removed edit permission (as i know windows deletes and recreates on edit) and thought sharepoint may be the same, however this still does not work so im guessing there is a bug.
Browse User information
Use Remote Interfaces
Use Client Integration Features
So you are working with SharePoint list. What’s the permission level you specified for shared users for the list?
And what’s the permission you set for the shared users when sharing the app?
It seems that I am getting the same results with you.
I will help confirm with this issue on my side and back to you once I got any updates.
I can confirm the same problem.
My user does not have delete permission on a document library, but
evaluates to true.
@v-yamao-msftplease escalate without delay.
I have some updates for you.
The SharePoint connection (being an OAuth connection) is created per-user and executes with the permissions of the end user. So if the SharePoint list permissions were restricted for the end users then it makes sense that the end user wouldn’t have the delete permission. The user permissions are what matters; the app doesn’t have any special permissions and OAuth connections aren’t shared (whereas SQL connections and non-OAuth custom connector connections are shared).
Then you aren't able to show/hide/disable buttons or content based on permissions if you use SharePoint? That's a lot of user experience just gone.
I see the same issue with DataSourceInfo connected to SharePoint lists and dont follow the response given about the OAuth connection. If the connected user using a unique connection to a SharePoint list does not have permissions specified in SharePoint for that connection to that list, then the DataSourceInfo should return the proper response.
We could really use this capability for wads and wads of functionality in the apps connected to SharePoint lists and right now, it does not work at all.... I can confirm the function always returns true no matter what permissions the connected user has been granted to that list using that connection. It is a bug and not the desired/required functionality we need.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Check out how to claim yours today!
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.
We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks