Datatable OnSelect only works on some columns

I have a datatable with 5 columns,

which with the same formula in "OnSelect" event, like below :

Concurrent(
    Reset(Radio1),
    Reset(TextInput1);
)

And first 2 columns just work fine, but left 3 is not working,

seems like OnSelect event is not trigger at all.

capture.png

capture2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JesperHuang ,

I am not sure why identical column types should act differently and your code seems valid, however are you simply wanting to reset these controls when the user selects an item? If so, put

Reset(Radio1);
Reset(TextInput1)

on the OnSelect of the Gallery. You also don't need Concurrent  - that is more about speed of retrieving data from a data source.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
pontusofsweden
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi!

with the formula you provided, you only Reset 2 controls...not 5. Or do you have another formula with the other 3?

BR

Pontus

eka24
Super User
Super User

Please can you show the full formula. Are you submitting record the the datasource or clear the form.

Hi @eka24 , @pontusofsweden ,

i want to do an approval page,

when user select row on data table, they can approve or reject item.

and i need to reset the radio and textinput control when user select another row.

So i set same formula to all 5 columns, no matter user click which column, i can reset the control.

but only "ID、Title" worked, when i click on other 3 columns, it's not working.

exp1.png

Hi @JesperHuang ,

I am not sure why identical column types should act differently and your code seems valid, however are you simply wanting to reset these controls when the user selects an item? If so, put

Reset(Radio1);
Reset(TextInput1)

on the OnSelect of the Gallery. You also don't need Concurrent  - that is more about speed of retrieving data from a data source.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thanks for your help, i'v tried gallery before and it worked fine.

but i want to use datatable this time, which more friendly to view data.

if there is another way to reset input when change selected row would be great, thanks again!

Hi @JesperHuang ,

I just did a test on a datasheet with both text and yes/no fields (10 of them) and all reset a radio control and a text box.

Have a go at recreating the datasheet - there is definitely something wrong with yours.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I tried to recreated datatable again, and this time i didn't do any setting of column, just set the reset formula in "OnSelect" event.

And seems if the column type is "View Selection", the "OnSelect" event won't be triggered, any idea?

cap1.png

Hi @JesperHuang ,

I must have a different version of PowerApps - mine looks like the below - what process did you take to get that display?

DataType1.pngDataType2.png

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Based on your capture, seems you are using "Forms" control instead of "Data table" control ?

cap2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,920)