Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanjaKan
Helper I
Helper I

Datatable to show columns based on content type

Hello!

I have hit an obstacle in my powerapp bulding and am wondering if anyone can help. I searched online for days but have come up short.

The idea: 

1. I have all the emoloyees in one list (Employees)
  2. Each employee is assigned a content type, which determines the competeneices they are supposed to have (so Manager has Comp1, Comp 2, Comp3  IT has Comp2,Comp4 etc)
  3. In my powerapp I have a datatable which filters these competencies based on the name of the employee selected 

PROBLEM:

The datatable shows ALL columns, includes all the content types. I want it to show only the ocntent type selected for that employee. How could I manage this? And IF thereis a way to do it, how would I translate the table to HTML so it shows in PDF right?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanjaKan
Helper I
Helper I

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@SanjaKan 

A gallery will give you more flexibility than a datatable. Please post a screenshot pic of how you want your data to appear

Thank you for answering! @Drrickryp 

I also considered a gallery, but I donät know how to get data from a gallery into an HTML. I sthis something you could help me with?

The attached image shows what I managed to get to work right 🙂 I want the same table for competenecies where in the first column there would be the name of the competence and in the second column the level.

SanjaKan
Helper I
Helper I

I solved it with this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcwoCUcmNqo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,448)