Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Dataverse Table in Excel

Hi there,

could someone know about this?

I have a table in Teams (PowerApps) a CDS table "Dataverse" I have exported that table to allow some user copy/paste some data from excel files. I am trying to copy 5000 records to publish back to my table, but for some reason excel is only publishing 100 records. Any idea?

And also in excel in the table design I am removing the extra columns that by default CDS put in my spreadsheet such as user, created, modified, etc. to match my excel file after remove those extra columns then I am not able to "Publish" my file again.

thanks in advance for any help.

sajarac_0-1617832716158.png

13 REPLIES 13
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

This is the 100 changes only 

sajarac_0-1617839064097.png

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @sajarac,

Are there any lookup columns being referenced? Additionally, make sure you don't remove any columns that are required as it won't let you publish the data, which is likely the cause of your 2nd issue.

Refer to the article below for more detail and troubleshooting tips.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/data-platform-excel-addin#edit-data-i...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I don’t have any lookups all columns are text and dates 

Hi @sajarac,

Is there perhaps some special characters in one of your text columns that may be causing issue? You can try removing your custom columns one at a time from the Excel file via the designer and keep trying to publish until you find the offending column, then from there it's just finding the row(s) with the issue.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Could be ! 
but why is only saving in chunks of 100’s?

Hi @sajarac,

The limit should be 1 million cells, so unless you have more than 200 columns in your 5000 row file, it shouldn't be an issue. You can test the theory by making a simple Test table with a single custom column and just try to fill in 5000 rows and see if it publishes more than 100.

---

sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi, I have made another test I only copy / paste one column from my excel file now it was able to publish 500 record. Well at least I made a progress.

Question? When you say the limit is 1M cells?. this is the amount of data in the database? or this is the amount of data than I can publish in one shot? So if I have 4 millions already in my database I can pass another million ? or I already reached the capacity?

Hi @sajarac,

It mentions in the limitations for the Open in Excel is 1 million cells (rows multiplied by columns) at a time, not a limit of the database. It also mentions if there is more than that loaded at a time then it will have issues and not publish all the data changes. So for large datasets that exceed that then you'd need to break it up into multiple.

---

sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Estrange and weird. I can not pass over 500 records

Gets stuck at that point.

sajarac_1-1617896146718.png

sajarac_0-1617896116198.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,403)