cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsewardj
Regular Visitor

Dataverse View with Lookup Columns Not Showing In Combo Box

I am trying to populate a combo box in a canvas app with columns from a Dataverse view, but some of the columns aren't available and I think it is because these are lookup columns.

I have two tables in a Dataverse called CloudProject and ProjectTeamMember. I created a view for ProjectTeamMember which includes the ProjectName and AccountName from the "lookup table" CloudProject.

dsewardj_0-1648400729263.png

dsewardj_1-1648400878873.png

I am trying to populate the combo box control with the AccountName and ProjectName, but they aren't showing. What's the point of being able to create a view in the Dataverse if all of the columns aren't available for controls in PowerApps? Am I missing something here?

dsewardj_2-1648400999428.png

2 REPLIES 2
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @dsewardj please change your combobox item to Choices(ProjectTeamMember.AccountName) you can then edit the fields as you wish. 

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

That doesn't seem to work.

dsewardj_0-1648404563391.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,435)