Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billy_C
Helper V
Helper V

Dataverse can't change labels for yes/no columns

Hi there,

I have a question about changing the labels of the yes/no columns.

Let's say I have a boolean "Deliver at Customer" which is a yes/no field and displays yes or no.

Now I wanted to change it to "Deliver at" which is still a yes/no field except it should show Customer/IKANDA, where IKANDA is our company.

Except that the labels appear to be locked so changing it is impossible, but it doesn't make any sense isn't it just a label with an ID behind it like with the choice(s) column type?

So I just think that you should be able to edit the labels of yes/no column types like you can do with the choice(s) column type since it the most logical approach.

Is there some kind of reason to why you can't change the labels of yes/no fields of existing fields?

Thanks in Advance,

Billy Cottrell

PS: I actually found out that you can change it but only in the classic editor, so I think it should have been possible to change it using the normal methods as well, so it's really weird that you can't change it normally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Billy_C 

I am not sure why but i do not think it is a bad approach to rename them since they can be renamed on Create , May be it was missed or on its way 🙂

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Billy_C 

You can do this while creating the field, Otherwise you can update through the classic editor

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Billy_C
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Mira_Ghaly,

Yes I know you can change it using these methods, but I though it was weird that it isn't possible using the normal editor and I was wondering if there was a reason to why these labels are being locked since they can be edited using the classic editor nonetheless.

Thanks in Advance,

Billy Cottrell

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Billy_C 

I am not sure why but i do not think it is a bad approach to rename them since they can be renamed on Create , May be it was missed or on its way 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,123)