Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkaspar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dataverse for Teams Licensing - Moving from Dev to Prod

Hi All,

I've created a Dataverse for Teams application which utilises, amongst others, the following connectors:

• a custom connector
  • Dataverse tables

According to Microsoft here, these do not require per-user licenses when used inside Microsoft Teams. There's the visual indicator inside the Teams/PowerApps showing these as standard connectors: 

lkaspar_0-1638241841496.png

When I add this app to a Team/channel straight from the Teams/PowerApps interface, end users without a per-user license are able to use this app without any issues. Great!

However this prevents me from doing any kind of ALM. I don't want to share the app from my Development Team. I want to be able to export it from Dev and import it into Prod as a managed solution.

This was my deployment process:

1. Develop application in Team A (Development)
  2. Add the base PowerApps app to Team B (Production) which creates the Dataverse environment and PowerApps interface in Teams
  3. Export the solution as managed from Team A (using the Solution explorer)
  4. Import the solution in Team B (using the Solution explorer)

Somewhere in this process, my Dataverse for Teams application is now premium even when using it inside Teams.

What's the best approach in deploying my app to a Production team without losing the ability of using the premium connectors?

Thanks everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lkaspar
Resolver I
Resolver I

I've solved this by deploying the custom connector from Azure API Management to the Production environment before I imported the solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lkaspar
Resolver I
Resolver I

I've opened the app in Production and the 'Business Central' connector which was standard in the Development Environment is now Premium.

lkaspar_1-1638252406038.png

How do I move the custom connector from my Dev environment into my Production environment withouting turning it into a Premium connector? Preferably using the concept of managed solutions?

lkaspar
Resolver I
Resolver I

I've solved this by deploying the custom connector from Azure API Management to the Production environment before I imported the solution.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,654)