cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Date Filters are not working

All of sudden my app stopped working today because it uses date filters. This is extremely infuriating!! What changed and how can I fix it????

12 REPLIES 12
Resolver I
Resolver I

Here is my formula. This used to work fine, but filtering by Today() returns no data now. 

SortByColumns(Filter(LastN('Archive-Parking Spot List',500),EmployeeEmail=CurrentUserName.Text && 'Start Date'=Today()),"Start_x0020_Date_x0020_Text",Ascending)

There was an update today that affected Today/Now.  See the following blog post:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/delegation-enhancements-for-lookups-today-now-and-addcolu...

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If enter the formula as below (less than today) I get data. However, if I put > or = nothing comes back. If I remove the filter I can see everything including the list item for today.

SortByColumns(Filter(LastN('Archive-Parking Spot List',1000),EmployeeEmail=CurrentUserName.Text && 'End Date'<Today()),"Start_x0020_Date_x0020_Text",Ascending)

Thank you so much for giving me this link. I will try to resolve with it!

@LRVinNC wrote:

There was an update today that affected Today/Now.  See the following blog post:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/delegation-enhancements-for-lookups-today-now-and-addcolu...

Have you confirmed your data source Archive-Parking Spot List contains today's date and/or employee email in the last 500 records?

Yes. Even if I bump to 1000 (only 513 list items) I still get nothing

Are you getting a delegation warning on this query?  If so, what do you have the data row limit for non-delegable queries set to in your app settings?  The default is 500 -- you can increase to a max of 2000.  If this data source has more than 2000 entries, you will never be able to return this data with this query.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

So that is the issue, when I bump the Data Row limit to 2000 I get the expected result. Howerver, I am not getting a delegation warning because of the LastN in the formula. How can I change that formula so I don't run into this issue?

Unfortunately, I ran into delegation issues until I switeched to a SQL database for my data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,917)