cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoohBear Resolver I
Resolver I

Date Filters are not working

All of sudden my app stopped working today because it uses date filters. This is extremely infuriating!! What changed and how can I fix it????

12 REPLIES 12
PoohBear Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Date Filters are not working

Here is my formula. This used to work fine, but filtering by Today() returns no data now. 

SortByColumns(Filter(LastN('Archive-Parking Spot List',500),EmployeeEmail=CurrentUserName.Text && 'Start Date'=Today()),"Start_x0020_Date_x0020_Text",Ascending)

Super User
Super User

There was an update today that affected Today/Now.  See the following blog post:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/delegation-enhancements-for-lookups-today-now-and-addcolu...

PoohBear Resolver I
Resolver I

If enter the formula as below (less than today) I get data. However, if I put > or = nothing comes back. If I remove the filter I can see everything including the list item for today.

SortByColumns(Filter(LastN('Archive-Parking Spot List',1000),EmployeeEmail=CurrentUserName.Text && 'End Date'<Today()),"Start_x0020_Date_x0020_Text",Ascending)

PoohBear Resolver I
Resolver I

Thank you so much for giving me this link. I will try to resolve with it!

@LRVinNC wrote:

There was an update today that affected Today/Now.  See the following blog post:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/delegation-enhancements-for-lookups-today-now-and-addcolu...

Knich
Frequent Visitor

Have you confirmed your data source Archive-Parking Spot List contains today's date and/or employee email in the last 500 records?

PoohBear Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes. Even if I bump to 1000 (only 513 list items) I still get nothing

Super User
Super User

Are you getting a delegation warning on this query?  If so, what do you have the data row limit for non-delegable queries set to in your app settings?  The default is 500 -- you can increase to a max of 2000.  If this data source has more than 2000 entries, you will never be able to return this data with this query.

PoohBear Resolver I
Resolver I

So that is the issue, when I bump the Data Row limit to 2000 I get the expected result. Howerver, I am not getting a delegation warning because of the LastN in the formula. How can I change that formula so I don't run into this issue?

Knich
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, I ran into delegation issues until I switeched to a SQL database for my data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,130)