cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsfmasoj
Regular Visitor

Date Format Inconsistent

I know some form of this question has been asked to death, but the problem I'm encountering differs in that it's with the data being inputted into Excel (I know I hate it as a data source too.) Just as a bit of background the app is a medical reporting app and there are three pages for each different type of visit. One for Injury where the one of the dates chosen is the Accident date and the other is the completing Date. The other pages are for mental health visits and illness visits, and they use the same completing date selector (or a copy of) and then they use a Visit date (rather than an accident date.) 

So here as you can see the date is formatted correctly and should go into excel with dd/mm/yyyy 

However in the excel doc, it switches between which format it puts in the doc, for no apparent reason.

I had some trouble uploading the images so I may need to reupload if they didn't work.

1 REPLY 1
lsfmasoj
Regular Visitor

Well I still can't add images but here is the format for the text. Completed_Date_2 is the date selector for this specific page's "form completed date".

Text(Completed_Date_2.SelectedDate,"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyy","en-GB")

However the dates in the data source column for that and the other date columns (Accident Date & Visit Date) are inconsistent, they swap between dd/mm/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,839)