Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Migrated_User
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Date Format

Content migrated from TechNet.  Post attribution to:  PK Hong
Hi

We used to enter date as: dd/mm/yyyy; Hence, in the InputBox, when I have Today(), it will show mm/dd/yyyy (US Format). I tried using Text(Today(), "dd/mm/yyyy") to force it to change but in vain. Moreover, the date actually displayed in another page after Navigation, show, Date: yyyy-mm-dd and hh:mm:ss. So, I have to use Left(Date, 10) to truncate.

Quite a stupid way. Any suggestion? It always make me in trouble, because any WRONG FORMAT will result in PATCH fails to write into excel file (I spent 20 min to find out this).

TQ

PK Hong

11 REPLIES 11

GREAT!!! The Format property has been added to a date control. It is now so easy to set the format to "dd mmm yyyy" get 24 Feb 2021.  

ElectricLlama2
Frequent Visitor

Another app development platform, another universe of confusing crippled date support. Sigh. I don't see any solution in here to simply represent my date field as "dd mmm yyyy" in a data card / detail screen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,866)