cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugh1
Level: Powered On

Date Picker Not showing in FIrefox

So this has only happened overnight as it was working yesterday. The date picker control won't display the calender anymore and you also can't manually type what you want either.

Is anyone els experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff miglisic
Power Apps Staff

Re: Date Picker Not showing in FIrefox

Hi all,

Indeed, Firefox 62.0 introduced a change which broke how Date Picker handles its flyout. A fix has been completed and will roll out the week of Sep 24. I'm afraid there is no known workaround, other than using a different browser or different version of Firefox.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Hugh1,

After selecting the date picker control in FireFox, it is true that calendar won't display. But I can still manually change the date by typing in the data picker control. Also other fields like textinput and dropdown controls are still working fine. Is your FireFox the latest version? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Hugh1

Yes I do have the lastest version of firefox. It's not a big thing since I can use chrome but its just that firefox is the my main browser. I'm sure they will fix it at some point and I mostly made this post to see if others were having the same issue.

SPAddicto
Level: Power Up

Any news on this issue PowerApps team? We have a customer that uses FireFox as the main browser and can't see the calendar when clicking on the datepicker.
I tested it myself and I notice there is a warning displayed in the console when clicking on the datepicker saying:

This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!

GaryEden

Hi

I have the same problem in Firefox - the date picker control won't display the calendar and you can't manually change the date either. (The date picker works okay in Chrome & IE11.)

The problem appears to be associated with Firefox v62.0 - if you rollback to Firefox v61.0.2 the date picker works again.

However, getting Firefox to stay on the earlier version is a different matter - on my PC it keeps updating to the later version, even with updates turned off 😞

Any idea when this will be fixed - most of my app users use Firefox by default

Dandalf

We were about to roll out some embedded Powerapps forms in Sharepoint but have noticed this bug in testing. A fix soonish would be great as we've had this in the works for a while and were hoping to go live soon.

Dawidvh
Level 10

Hi everyone.

Also experiencing the problem with the Date Picker on Firefox. Do we have an ETA for this yet?

Power Apps Staff miglisic
Power Apps Staff

Hi all,

Indeed, Firefox 62.0 introduced a change which broke how Date Picker handles its flyout. A fix has been completed and will roll out the week of Sep 24. I'm afraid there is no known workaround, other than using a different browser or different version of Firefox.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Dandalf

Thank you for the update miglisic, it is much appreciated 🙂

GaryEden

Hi miglisic

The Firefox fix for the Date Picker is due out this week, please can you confirm once complete (so we can check that our apps are working again)?

Also will the Apps just start working correctly in Firefox or will we need to resave them and republish them first?

Thanks in advance. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,787)