cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ressery
Frequent Visitor

Date Picker shows a wrong Date in Edge but right in Chrome

Hi,

I have a collection that generates on the app start with two columns, project name (Job_Name), and date (PC). I have a date picker doing a look-up on a combo box with multi-select turned off.

LookUp(Projects,Job_Name = DataCardValue8.Selected.Job_Name,PC)

When the user selects a project the date picker automatically populates itself with the date from the collection

This works perfectly in Chome but I have had a user open the app in Edge and the date picker has a completely different date.

As you can see by this screenshot taken in the edge browser, it knows the date should be 20/12/2019 and yet is displaying 8/12/2020, I can't even see a link that could explain a time zone issue?

ressery_1-1661253264284.png

I have tried the following:

Checked if this is the case for everyone using the app, yes Chrome works fine, but Edge is not working.

Checked the time zone settings all are correct for the UK and are the same as Chrome.

Tried adding Text(LookUp(Projects,Job_Name = DataCardValue8.Selected.Job_Name,PC),"dd/mm/yyyy"), but it didn't change.

Tried altering the date time zone from local to UTC, but still no change.

I've told all my users to just make sure they use Chrome for now but for a few, their browsers tend to default to Edge and I can guarantee they will forget.

Has anyone else experienced this?

6 REPLIES 6
Masino
Super User
Super User

phipps0218
Super User
Super User

This is because PowerApps displays date formats based on the language setting of your browser. You can change all browsers using a same language, but I think this is too much trouble.

For a easy way to maintain consistency format for datapicker control, you can change the Format property of your DatePicker control(The language of browser will be automatically added as a prefix after saving the formula):

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "mm/dd/yyyy")

phipps0218_0-1661254691154.png

This time, Date Picker show same value in Different Browsers(I just test in edge and Chrome). Below is the result after change the Format property of your DatePicker control in Chrome and Edge:

phipps0218_2-1661254691687.png

phipps0218_1-1661254691675.png

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful because this can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-phipps-%F0%9F%91%A8%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%92%BB-91338715b/
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmFBGU1YKIU91sNMQ7buGg
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/phipps0218

Times zone are the same in both edge (right) and chrome (left)?

ressery_0-1661254963109.png

Use what I suggested above in the Power Apps format the date and you won't get this issue.

Nope, just tried that. Still got a completely different date and yet the value that it is reading when you look at the top is the correct date.

ressery_1-1661255134146.png

So it is set up like this (Using UK Date format "DD/MM/YYYY"):

On app start

Collect(
Projects,
{
PC: "20/12/2021",
Job_Name: "3 St Peter's Square"
},
{
PC: "30/10/2020",
Job_Name: "75 Mosley Street"
},
{
PC: "20/12/2019",
Job_Name: "Axis Tower"
})

Combobox (DataCardValue8) Items (Multi select set to false):

Sort(Projects,Job_Name,Ascending)

Date Picker DefaultDate:

LookUp(Projects,Job_Name = DataCardValue8.Selected.Job_Name,PC)

Now all of this in the Chrome browser works beautifully but on edge, it pulls a date out of nowhere being 08/12/2020, this isn't even slightly related to 20/12/2019? Like even if the month and date were getting muddled up because of the UK and US date formats, the year shouldn't change?

ressery_2-1661255858918.png

Mosely Street becomes 2 years out?

Like this? Still seems to be giving me a completely different date?

ressery_0-1661256217206.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,576)