cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SwampyGator

Date Picker

I believe I have a simple requirement that I have spent hours trying to fulfill.

I need the date picker to default to Today on the first load. On subsequent form loads the value displayed should be whatever value the user selected from choices. 

The form field initializing the date picker control is a SharePoint column. All aspx pages work properly. I can easily set the date picker defaults. The issue is after the initial save if I open the form two days later the value in the date picker resets to the current date. I need to set the date picker to today once, and on subsequent form loads have the value the user selected which is correctly stored in SharePoint, be displayed in the date picker.

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@SwampyGator 

Assuming this is in a Form - Change your DefaultDate property of the DatePicker to : Coalesce(Parent.Default, Today())

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,349)